Working bees are a great way to get involved in our work, meet new people (we’re a friendly bunch!), and get outdoors in a beautiful part of the world!
Our working bees normally start at 9am and end at around 12pm. Bees at Maketu Spit, Borrow Pits and Newdicks include a Sausage Sizzle, coffee, tea muffins etc, while bees at Pukehina and Waihi Wetland include coffee, tea, muffins etc.
Bring gloves, hat, suncream and stout shoes. Please feel free to get in touch if you would like more information, and to confirm if the bee is definitely going ahead, as it may be weather dependent.
Contact us if you would like to be added to our mailing list to receive updates about working bees and other events, and feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.
Dates for winter working bees 2022:
- 3rd April – Beach Clean
- 5th June – Planting day at Newdicks
- 25th June – Planting day at Dotterel Point
- 14th Aug – Planting date at Maketu Spit
- 11th Sept – Planting day at Waihi wetland
- 30th Oct – Rubbish clean up at Maketu Spit
- 13th Nov – Breakfast with the Gulls and AGM with beach clean
- 11th Dec – Rubbish clean up